Decrease the time it takes to develop, deploy, and maintain 3D and 2D multi-camera applications
- Discrete I/O: 24 Precision I/Os controlled by a dedicated, real time subsystem (8 inputs, optically isolated; 16 outputs, optically isolated)
- Encoder support: For connecting a single-ended or quadrature encoder
- Factory communication supported: EIP, PROFINET, SLMP, and TCP/IP
- Dedicated on-board CPU processing
- Dedicated real-time subsystem: Enables Hardware Event Manager, delay lines, advanced handshaking without loading vision processing
- Integrated License Security is built into this hardware for Cognex Designer, VisionPro, and Cognex vision tools to replace hardware dongles that can become misplaced or compromised at organizations.
The latest release of Cognex Designer Vision Software for machine vision application development is included with this hardware. The hardware also includes the latest VisionPro Vision software for access to the complete library of Cognex vision tools, including PatMax AutoTune.
Typical Cameras/Sensors Ordered Together
This frame grabber is typically ordered with Cognex cameras or sensors (Cognex CIC Industrial Cameras for 2D multi-camera applications and/or Cognex 3D Displacement Sensors for 3D applications), or third-party 2D cameras that support the GigE standard. You may also order this hardware together with the Cognex CC24 I/O card if you need I/O or factory floor integration.
Cognex ready-to-go vision system now available
The 8704e is suitable for those building their own industrial PC system. For users that are ready to obtain a pre-qualified, ready-to-go vision system, Cognex now provides complete vision software systems available with the Cognex VC5 Vision Controller. The VC5 contains the capabilities of the 8704e among many other capabilities as described on the VC5 product page.