Cognex DataMan and MX series of industrial, image-based barcode readers decode 1-D and 2-D codes, from printed labels to the hardest to read direct part mark (DPM) codes, and deliver industry-leading read rates.
Matt Engle, 05-22-2013
There are many types of scanning applications but today I’m going to focus on the more complex scan tunnels, where labels could be on any one side or one multiple sides of a package. The challenges, complexity and costs of these systems tend to be quite high, and have been historically been solved using line scan camera technology.
I’m going to introduce to you a new technology that will help you lower costs.
The new DataMan 503 Series will help you:
- Reduce costs & increase throughput
- Have data driven process improvement
- Lower maintenance costs
Big statements, I know, but I’ll tell you how we do it.
- Unsurpassed read rates. DataMan readers can adapt to variations in package size and the location and quality of barcodes at the high speeds required in tunnel scanning applications. This results in fewer no reads and saves money.
- See what the reader sees. If you still have no reads, you can see why by viewing barcodes being read in real-time or FTP images to a database for later review of no reads for process improvement. Fix the process error, reduce no reads, save money.
- No moving parts. With no parts to wear out from movement, DataMan readers have little to no maintenance costs. Saving money.
Do you get my theme?
Want to learn more about what we can do in tunnel scanning applications? Check out our video or Contact Us and let us come out and show you.
Next time we’ll talk about our print & apply solutions.